Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Virdict

3/1/08

The jury came out and read their verdict a few minutes ago. They decided that Tom Robinson was guilty as charged. I can't believe that Tom is going to jail again, and if his appeal doesn't go through he will be killed. I feel terrible about what I have done. I know that my father isn't as mad at me as we would have been if we lost, but I don't think it was really worth it. Thanks to me a nice innocent man is going back to jail and may even be killed.

My dad is still mad though. Not at me, but at Atticus Finch. He thinks Atticus made him look like a bad person. He doesn't seem to be getting over this and I am afraid of what he might do to him.

2 comments:

tom robinson said...

Dear Mayella,
Me going to jail is all your fault. You could have told the judge what really happened. You could have saved my life and you didnt. People like you and your father give us colored folk a bad reputation
From tom robinson

Tommy Robinson said...

Mayella, I know you didnt want this to happen to me but you coul dhave just told the truth. Now I am being taken away from my family and friends for something I did not do. If only you have told the truth we could have avoided this mess Mayella. Your father is a cruel man and needed to be taught a lesson, but now that he is free he will just continue doing what he does.

Tom Robinson