Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tom Robinson's Testimony

2/29/08

Tom Robinson just took the stand, he told the jury everything I explained earlier, in other words he told the truth about what happened. I felt really bad because Mr. Gilmer tried to make him seem like a bad person, kind of like what Atticus did to my father. But Tom was really a nice person, he would do chores for me without charge and without complaining. He was also the closest thing to a friend I ever had, and probably the only person who has ever cared about me, even a little.

I really have no idea who will win the case. The defense's case is stronger, but Mr.Gilmer says that the jury would probably believe two white people's words over a black man's. I just hope we win so my father won't be angry with me again.

No comments: