Tuesday, March 4, 2008

There is going to be a trial...

2/25/08

My father has accused Tom Robinson, a black man, of raping me. I was sitting at home, on the porch, the other day when I saw Tom Robinson pass by the house like he usually does on his way home from work. I have asked him to help me out with chores before and he would come in and help me without charging. He is a nice man, one of the only people who have ever bothered to help me with anything.

I asked him to help me with some work inside and he said yes. When he came in we talked for a minute and then I asked him to get something from on top of the set of drawers. He stood on a chair and reached up. While he was standing I hugged him and he jumped down from the chair surprised. That was when I leaned in and kissed him. He got scared and before I knew it my father was standing in the window, and yelled that he was going to kill me. Tom ran out as fast as he could and my father beat me.

I am sacred for the trial because I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't understand what's happening because Tom Robinson didn't really do anything, and I feel that this is all my fault.

No comments: