Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Father's Testimony

2/27/08

The trial is happening right now. Heck Tate and my father just testified and so far I think everything is going well. When Heck Tate took the stand he told everybody what happened when he got there. He said that I was beaten up pretty bad and that they didn't get a doctor. He also said that my left right eye was bruised pretty bad.

When my father testified he lied. He said he got home from work and saw Tom Robinson and me through the window. That's when he ran to me and got Heck Tate. The defense attorney, Atticus Finch, asked my father if he could write his name and my father did. My father is left handed and Mr. Finch pointed out that he could possibly be the one who beat me, not Tom Robinson.

I'm afraid of testifying. Especially after Mr. Finch made my dad look like such a bad person. What if he does that to me? I am scared that I won't be able to get through my testimony. I really do not want to do this, but my father and Mr.Gilmer say that I have to.

No comments: