Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Father is Dead

I just found out that my father has been stabbed. Heck Tate says this was an accident and that Boo Radley was the one who did it. My father is dead and I don't know how I feel about it. He was an awful father. He never helped me with anything, he was drunk all the time, he beat me, and he made me lie to the court and send Tom Robinson to his death. But he was still my father, and now I have nobody to help me raise my siblings. I could get a job, but I also have to take care of all my brothers and sisters.

In a way this is my fault too. If I never asked Tom Robinson to help me with chores, i never would have gotten my dad angry. We would have never gone to court. Tom Robinson Would be alive and his family would be happy. My dad would still be alive too and I wouldn't have to worry about my siblings, or food, or money, or myself. I ruined everything for everybody, and I can't fix any of it.

No comments: